Faculty DEI Capacity-Building for Inclusive Excellence and Student Success in a Diverse World
Program Goal and Topics
The program’s overarching goal is to equip faculty with the support, insight, and skills they need to cultivate and maintain an inclusive organization, educational, and classroom culture.
- How, when, and why unintended biases affect classroom dynamics, grading, and mentoring
- Evidence-based strategies and best practices for preventing unintended biases from leaking through in the classroom, in interactions with students and colleagues, grading, and mentoring
- Practical steps for creating true openness to diverse perspectives (why it’s so hard and what to do about it)
- Diversity and dissension: Barriers and best practices for constructive disagreement
- Navigating stereotype threat, trauma, and social competency: Evidence-based best practices for bringing out the best in all students
- For health professions training programs: Strategies for guiding students and trainees towards bias-free health care
This is a blended learning program that includes facilitated online workshops (instructor-led training or” ILT”) and independent self-guided learning activities.
- 3 or 4 two-hour online facilitated workshops scheduled a month apart
- Asynchronous self-guided learning activities with individualized feedback and access to relevant eLearning courses
- Optional Add-on webinars and workshops focused on specific populations, challenges, and opportunities
Certificate and/or CE carry additional requirements and are optional
**Additional individual or group coaching is available at discounted rates for faculty
Inquire below for pricing