Diversity Science is a public-benefit company. We are based in Portland, Oregon and have team members located across the United States. Diversity Science champions an evidence-based approach to equity and inclusion. Our mission is to create real and meaningful change by translating the latest research into practical and effective strategies and tools that create diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative organizations.
Our team is comprised of people who are committed to advancing workplace equity, inclusion, and diversity for organizational members and the people they serve. Our team members draw on their lived experiences and expertise in social and cognitive science, systems change, data science, and organizational psychology to support organizations in their journey toward greater equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our services include training, eLearning, and capacity-building, workplace climate and culture assessments, policy audits, and consulting and strategic advising. For more information about our team and the work we do, please visit diversityscience.org.
Diversity Science is seeking a skilled, innovative, and creative addition to our asynchronous distance training team. You must be skilled at designing asynchronous learning experiences for adults in healthcare, higher education, or corporate settings.
- You will design, plan, and support learning solutions that advance our mission and/or fit client needs.
- You will work with subject matter experts, trainer/facilitators, and an eLearning developer to create scripts and storyboards for eLearning courses, design other asynchronous learning activities (e.g., individual self-guided development activities, learner-led pair or small group activities) that are components of a blended learning program.
- Your secondary role, as time and talent allow, will contribute to the design and development of didactic and active learning activities for our live (synchronous) distance workshops.
- Candidates with facilitation skills may contribute to the delivery of live training sessions.
KEY NOTE: To be considered for this position, you must provide a sample of a storyboard that you created for adult learners in healthcare, higher education, or corporate settings. You must have been the sole or primary contributor.
You have the demonstrated skills, experience and/or ability to:
- Translate and customize “live” training and curricula into engaging and effective eLearning experiences (i.e., online, asynchronous courses) for adult learners.
- Understand, translate, and summarize complex scientific and social concepts from the social and behavioral sciences into highly accessible and engaging learning experiences, storyboards, and scripts.
- Identify and apply innovative and evidence-based learning strategies, including learner-centered education principles, instructional design principles, and adult learning principles
- Develop training and online courses that are accessible to all learners, including learners with disabilities and learners with different learning styles
- Write learning objectives
- Clearly link learning activities to learning objectives
- Promote collaboration, partnership, and communication among stakeholders
To succeed in this job, you must enjoy and have enthusiasm for:
- Communicating and collaborating with eLearning developers, trainers, subject matter experts (both those with scientific and lived experience expertise), asset developers, and learners
- Envisioning, designing, and/or implementing innovative learning technologies and platforms
- Staying current with cutting edge technologies and capabilities
- Staying current with cutting edge research findings related to course topics
- Working in and supporting psychologically safe teams
- Encouraging and promoting a growth and learning mindset
- Working independently and with a team
Highly Desirable Skills & Experience
- Strong facilitation skills (large and small group)
- Experience and interest in the use of distance learning tools and technologies for live (synchronous) training programs
- Familiarity with Articulate Storyline and Rise
Desirable (Bonus) Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and experience with the evaluation of training programs
- Graphic design
- Developing audio/video training materials
Diversity Science is a vibrant, 4-year strong start-up. Everyone wears multiple hats and must be willing to pitch in wherever needed. For example, you may assist or cover for the technical support team in performing technical maintenance and troubleshooting of online course content in the LMS, provide back-up support for synchronous training sessions, assist the marketing department with materials, etc.
COMPENSATION & DETAILS
- Competitive annual compensation commensurate on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA contributions matched up to $2,750 annually
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Participation in the Diversity Science 401k plan
- Relaxed, family-like atmosphere
OUR COMMITMENT TO EACH OTHER
We believe that diversity makes us better. We believe that inclusion helps us thrive. We believe that equity is imperative. We are therefore committed to creating a collaborative workplace where we all can show up authentically, be respected for our diverse perspectives, prioritize connection, and contribute fully to our shared mission. In our work and workplace, we are always guided by our values:
- Strength-focused: We empower each other by recognizing, valuing, and building on our diverse and unique strengths.
- Learning-focused: We continuously learn from each other by creating a safe space for growth.
- Evidence-focused: We are effective and innovative by leveraging the best available science.
- Mission-focused: We act in service of supporting clients and partners in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
We are proud and committed to being an equal opportunity employer and collaboratively creating and sustaining an organization that is equitable and inclusive. We seek out and value diversity of backgrounds, identities, social positions, experiences, skills, and perspectives.