About Diversity Science
Diversity Science is a public-benefit company that translates the latest research and evidence-based approaches into practical and effective tools to create equitable, diverse and inclusive organizations. Our team is made up of experts and practitioners who bring perspectives from behavioral health, organizational management, and diversity, equity, and inclusion practice. Our work reflects the expertise of our team and deep collaboration with those who are leading change today.
Current Job Postings
Project Coordinator – Remote – Full Time
Status Update January 2021: recruitment for this position is closed. Thank you for your interest, please check our careers page for future opportunities.
The newly created Project Coordinator role at Diversity Science is responsible for individual project coordination as well as helping our CEO and COO map out all projects and identify timelines and resources. Given the wide variety of projects, you will be tasked with quickly getting up to speed on the types of activities, deliverables and milestones involved, as well as adjusting project plans as priorities and resources change. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining positive and warm relationships while maintaining appropriate boundaries with our clients, which include CEOs, foundations, and DEI advocates. You will also have the chance to work collaboratively with a variety of scientists, facilitators, and creatives. Since we are a small, lean startup, you must be willing to pitch in where needed, including administrative tasks and other duties, to help ensure the company’s success. A successful Project Coordinator may find a variety of career advancement opportunities as our company grows.
This is a remote, work from home position. While hours are flexible, we have clients and staff all over the United States, so you will need to be available for client meetings in a variety of time zones as well as staff meetings during Pacific time business hours.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading project planning sessions
- Coordinating staff and internal resources
- Managing project progress and adapting work as required
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines
- Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Participating in project scoping and tender process (i.e. design, submission, and review)
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for executive staff
- Improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Assigning tasks to project team members and vendors, helping set priorities, and ensuring that tasks are completed on time
Prospective Projects in 2021 Include:
- Coordinating a comprehensive assessment of the equity, diversity, and inclusion workplace climate for a large organization.
- Coordinating the development of new capacity-building programs, including eLearning and live trainings, to advance organizational equity.
- Coordinating an innovative research program to leverage mobile technology to advance equity and wellbeing among health care workers.
- Developing a series of trainings to improve COVID-19 care by educating medical providers about the ways in which bias can impact care during a pandemic.
- Working with a team of data scientists to develop tools to measure and communicate feelings of belonging and inclusion in real time for organizations and groups.
- Building new training programs to empower nurses, physicians and leaders to become DEI change agents within their organizations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree AND two or more years of project coordination and/or project assisting work experience required (Note: applicants without a Bachelor’s degree who have five or more years of project coordination experience may also be considered for this role.)
- Client relationship management / client communication experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) and Project Management software (such as Wrike, Basecamp, etc.) required
Additional Required Skills and Abilities:
- Keen understanding and awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and how these initiatives benefit organizations and the communities they serve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal and perspective-taking skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Targeted salary of $55k to $75k, commensurate with experience, education, and skills
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA contributions matched up to $2750
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Participation in the Diversity Science 401k plan
Our Commitment to Each Other
Diversity Science is an innovative consulting firm that brings the latest research and evidence based approach to creating equitable, diverse and inclusive organizations. We believe that diversity makes us better. We believe that inclusion helps us thrive. We believe that equity is imperative. We are therefore committed to creating a collaborative workplace where we all can show up authentically and contribute fully to our shared mission.
Our Mission: to translate the strongest evidence into practical and effective approaches for achieving true equity, deep diversity, and full inclusion for the benefit of organizations, their members, and the people they serve.
In our work and workplace, we are always guided by our values:
- Strength-focused: we will empower each other by recognizing, valuing, and building on our strengths.
- Learning-focused: we will continuously learn from each other by creating a safe space for growth
- Evidence-focused: we will be effective and innovative by leveraging the best available science
- Mission-focused: we will always act in service of advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
We are proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.